Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spotlight on Queer Team member BUNNYKISSD

BunnyKissd interviewed by fauxsure

What sorts of things do you offer in your shop?
Mostly polymer clay pins & pendants, although I have started to move into offering more painted objects, and things I've drawn.

How did you first start selling on etsy? How long have you been selling? Do you sell anywhere else?

I started selling in June 2008 and I haven't tried anywhere else. I was introduced earlier in the year by a friend, and thought it would be a great way to make some money to support my family through the summer. (I'm a substitute teacher, and don't work summers.)



Tell us a little about your typical creative process and how you go about making your work. What kinds of steps do you usually go through?

I usually get an idea, then try and create it! LOL!

What are your favorite materials to work with?

Acrylic paint, pencil & paper, polymer clay, watercolors...



Are there other creative projects you are involved in outside of your work in your etsy shop?

Oh yes. Like I mentioned I am working on adding drawings and painted objects to my shop. I also like to make computer graphics and take photographs. I would like to learn how to make more detailed realistic looking sculptures from poly clay, and I am contemplating getting into the resin pendants, etc...

Besides art/ crafty stuff, what else do you like doing in your free time?

Road trips! Nature hikes, swimming, reading...



Does your queer identity come into play in your work?

Not really, but I have made a few Gay Pride items and plan on making more!

What are your hopes for the Queer Etsy Street Team? What brought you to join?

I am hoping to meet people more like myself, with similar ideas and thoughts, who can help me figure out how to sell more that hopefully I can help in return!

1 comment:

BunnyKissd said...

Thank you much for posting this! I have no idea how I missed it! ^-^