Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Challenge: The Simple Life/The Basics

I love the entries for this month's challenge:  The Simple Life/The Basics

And if my teammates don't mind, I'd like to dedicate this one to our fearless leader, Michelley, who has packed up all her worldly belonging and moved cross-country, and in her own words is "living the ESSENCE of the simple life right now."

We start with a beautiful necklace from Mariana, a simple polished gemstone, on a basic silver chain...

Simple Ruby Sterling Silver Necklace

by Livingatnight


Vee submitted another simple silver chain with a vintage charm...

Sailboat Vintage Abalone Necklace

by vee41dmb


And like me, Vee is a book lover and says, "as long as I have a book I'm happy - that's about as simple as it gets."

Dragonfly Bookmark Swarovski Crystals Pink Purple Blue

by vee41dmb


My favorite entry is from Lauren, who said, "When I think of the simple life I think of homesteading, gardening, and anything that doesn't use electricity :D How about backyard chickens?"


Purty the Glass Hen Lampwork Chicken Animal Focal Bead Aqua Sea Foam Green

by CrowbirdieBeads


Jennet entered this beautiful banner and added, "to me, love is the essence of a simple life since it's the only thing you need for a happy life."


Love Felt and Fabric Bunting (Banner)

by featheredneststudio


Roxanne submitted these "basic black" earrings...


Basic Black Onyx

by EightCatDesign


And a *basic* color in our house, these pretty pink bracelets from Mariana...


Pink Sapphire Bracelets in 14k White Gold, individually wire wrapped gemstones. Transparent pink sapphires, amazing clarity.

by Livingatnight


Handmade by my own darling, this simple wooden bead necklace on hemp embodies the Simple Life to us...


Colors of Nature Wooden Bead Necklace

by FaerieGardenFancies


And last but not least more basic black earrings, this time from Mariana!


Black Onyx & Swarovski Crystal Earrings. Sterling silver Bali beads and bead tip earwires. Faceted 10mm stones

by Livingatnight


And here's a treasury including the lovelies above, and some other member listings that fit the theme!

1 comment:

Michelley said...

Thank you so much for the kind dedication, Bunny. I'm crawling back to normal and I was really touched by your kindness. As usual I'm amazed by everyone's great work. So, so proud of this team. <3